My oh my, where did April go? Honestly, where has the first third of 2015 gone? I almost can’t handle how quickly time is passing. We’ve officially been in Minot for 6 months, meaning we’ve already been here longer than we were in California. It’s all sorts of weird, but still all sorts of good. April was a fast month, but one filled with some goodies too. You can get caught up to speed on our life in my latest catching up post. With the freshness of spring upon us, I figured it was time to freshen up this space too, so I hope you enjoy the new look.
As I put together this post for the month, I felt like it would be worth explaining to you all that I understand that reading about what I aim to do each month probably isn’t the most enlightening of topics. These monthly goal posts are partially a way for me to hold myself accountable to accomplishing more in my day to day, but mostly they are a way for me to express that whether or not I meet my goals, there is grace. It’s not about perfection and doing “all the things,” but that it’s about celebrating when I achieve, still pushing myself along when I don’t, and still trying regardless of the outcome. And to me, that’s a message worth sharing. Because we could all give ourselves a little more grace. So without further ado, here’s what I tried to do in April, and what I’m hoping to do in May:
Read More (beyond Systematic Theology).I made it a point to read more this month instead of indulge my love for One Tree Hill on Netflix. I started and finished 7 by Jen Hatmaker and it certainly rocked my world. I’m still processing all of the truth that my heart was hit with. I hope to keep up this habit and start reading more of my shelves. Continue working out multiple times a week.This was accomplished for the most part. While I haven’t been as consistent as I have been in the past couple months, I’ve been staying active and getting to the gym at least three times a week. Being sick last week didn’t help, but the nicer weather has helped in encouraging me to run outside more. The biggest news though: over the past few months I’ve been able to shave off 10 pounds and get so significantly close to my goal weight! I have loved seeing the progress in my body get more toned and healthy and I want to keep at it. I have been given this body and I want to take care of it and love every inch of it. Spend the nice days outside.I’ve done my best to get out and enjoy the weather. I’d like to get out a little bit more than I have and get some color on my skin, but it’s a start.
[Also, this wasn’t on my set of goals this month, but in months past I had been hoping to finish the gallery wall for our living room. This past weekend I finally did that, and I simply love it. I’m hoping to share some of the details about it with you on here soon!]
- Actually start posting the things I’ve been thinking of. While my presence on The Pruim Life has been more minimal lately, my mind is still actively thinking of ideas of things to share with you all. My “works in progress” tab on OneNote (which I utilize to help organize everything I do for this space) is getting more and more full, yet I remain quiet on here. I have this space for a reason, and I want to use it more as I intended.
- Start a Bible Study. In the midst of our search for a church in this area, my heart has also been turned significantly towards the ways that we can be the church in our daily lives and with our everyday community. Months ago I felt the push to start a bible study/small group in order to live more life alongside others, and to dig more into the Word to let it lead our lives. It’s time I actually follow through with that push.
- Celebrate our anniversary well. We haven’t made plans yet for how we want to commemorate the two years we’ve been married, but I want to do something special. We’ll see what we come up with.
- Continue working out multiple times a week. Like I said, my progress has been it’s own inspiration for me and I want to keep working towards being as healthy as I can be.
- Keep reading.
- Spend the nice days outside. Because the weather keeps getting nicer and I want to enjoy all of it.
Thanks for being willing to check in on how I’m doing. I’d love to hear what goals you might have for yourself this month, as well as all the ways that you’re giving yourself grace.