Happy Monday, Happy February, and Happy Groundhog Day (man, that’s a lot of happy wishes there) to you all! As an attempt to stay proactive with the decisions I’ve made for myself for 2015, I’ve decided to join in with Hayley at The Tiny Twig and other women across the blog scene for the Goals With Grace link up. Basically, I’ll be posting some of my goals that I’d like to accomplish this month, and then come March I’ll be able to share how I did, but I’m aiming to complete them with a mindset of giving myself grace. It’s a good thing to set goals for ourselves, but we just have to be careful not to take them so seriously that they rule over our hearts and minds. That “grace” word is one that keeps drilling its truth into my heart, and I’m happy to share the overflow of that with you all in a new way. So without further ado, here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish in the next 28 days:
- Read 4 chapters of Systematic Theology. To make steady progress on one of my year goals, I want to aim to read at least a chapter a week.
- Start using an envelope budget. This way we can start paying more attention to our spending habits, and start investing more into our saving habits.
- Finally introduce a series on The Pruim Life that I’ve been dwelling on for months. Seriously, months. It’s something near and dear to my heart, and I want it to be just right, but if I don’t get it out there and make a move on it soon, it may just never happen.
- Continue on in the job search process. I’ve been updating my resume, creating a federal resume (that was a doozy), and utilizing all of the resources for military spouses on base. The next step is to start applying, applying, applying!
- Establish a habit of going to the gym at least 3-4 times a week. I don’t want to just wait until the day of to decide if I’m going to the gym or not. I want to keep myself accountable by starting a routine.
- Complete the gallery wall in our living room. We have a giant white wall that needs filling in our living room, and I already have pieces to include. I’d like to finish up a few other pieces to add in, and then actually put it together and hang it up. Then I will feel like our living room is finished (at least for now).
What goals could you set for yourself this month?